Monday, January 18, 2010

Rainy days...

Rainy days are hard on my babies. They don't get the outside time that they need and love to play and run off their steam, and while they are pretty good at being mellow in the house most of the day (as you can see from the above picture), after a while they start to look at me with the "moooommmm I'm ssoooooo bored!" faces. Kongs are crucial on these days, I pack them with peanut butter and stick yummy treats in the PB to make sure they don't get through it in a matter of minutes. Right now (I just took that picture) they are cuddling on the couch as quiet as can be, which is my opportunity to do the flurry of things that need to be done in the house with out 2 pitties between my feet. I really envy those pit owners who have enough money to buy their pitties treadmills, one of those would go over very well in our house on days like this. Bruster is doing great, he really seems to adore Pty, he follows her around like a little brother who idolizes his older sister. We have been working on the "down" command, and he has learned "out" (in reference to getting out of the kitchen when mom is cooking, but also comes in handy when the bathroom door gets pushed open by inquisitive pups). Luckily he is extremely food motivated, which makes training so much easier. Alright, must go do chores before dogs wake up! Happy rainy day!

1 comment:

  1. perhaps the Bru-meister has found himself his forever home? He and Pty look rather comfy there together...
    jnd

    ReplyDelete